It’s that time of year again! It’s time for the Pickens County Library Semi-Annual Teen Art Contest! We will be accepting original artwork from all teens (grades 6-12) at any branch location through the whole month of March. Artwork can be on paper or canvas, drawn or painted. In the past, we have even had a small quilt turned in (it was fantastic). Express yourself in any medium you choose but be sure to turn it in before March 26th along with an entry form (available at any branch location).
*Art submissions must be able to be framed. For this reason, sculptures will not be accepted as we will not have a way to display them.
Winners will be announced at a special Teen Art Gala, Friday, March 31st at the Hampton Memorial Library in Easley. The gala will begin at 4:30pm and you’ll be able to see all entries and enjoy a snack until the winners are announced at 5:00pm. Winning selections will be displayed in the Teen Area at the Hampton Memorial Library in Easley for six months, and for an additional six months at the library branches.
- Submissions must be the original work of the entrant.
- Artwork should be no larger than 16in. x 20in.
- An official entry form MUST be turned in with submissions or the entry will be disqualified.
- Winners’ names may appear in the media and in library communications.
- The Library will have permission to photograph and/or reprint images of the artwork for publicity/archives
- Works that are not selected for exhibition may be picked up after the Teen Art Gala.
- Works that are chosen for exhibition become the property of the Library during the 12 months that they are on display
Be sure to stick around after the gala! We’ll be having our Bad Art Night Teen Takeover following the gala. The takeover will be from 6-9. We’ll post more information about that soon! So keep checking back!